Scope of Terms & Trademark Policy
The terms and policies set forth below cover the usage of the www.cfdem.com and www.dcs-computing.com websites (the "Websites"), and the usage of LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM® trademarks by third parties. The www.cfdem.com website is operated by CFDEMresearch GmbH and the www.dcs-computing.com website is operated by DCS Computing GmbH (short: "DCS"). "Operator" or "Operators" refers to either or both DCS Computing GmbH and CFDEMresearch GmbH, in the context of the website they are operating. The Operators reserve the right to modify any of the terms and policies at any time without prior notice. Your use of the Websites following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these terms as changed. So it is recommended that you periodically check if any changes have been made.
Disclaimer and copyright
The Operators check and update the information contained in this website on a regular basis. While all reasonable care is taken to ensure the accuracy of such information, the Operators do not assume any liability or guarantee for the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the information provided. The same applies to all other websites that may be accessed via hyperlinks. If you follow links to such websites, you do so at your own risk. The Operators are not responsible for the contents of websites which can be accessed via such links.
The programs that can be downloaded via this website are distributed in the hope that they will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the programs that can be downloaded from this site. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
The Operators reserve the right to change or amend the information made available. Any reproduction of information or data, in particular the use of texts, parts of texts, pictures, graphics or videos, requires prior approval in written form by the Operator.
Usage of Forums and the Upload of content
You may use the Website for the sole purpose of sharing and exchanging ideas with other Users. You may not use the the Website to violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law. The Operators reserve the right to block or delete any user distributing spam, infringing copyright or sharing any information in an unlawful way. The same applies to users which are rude, agressive or defame other users or the Operator.
The Operator does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through the Website. Any material, information, or other communication you transmit or post ("Contributions") to the Website will be considered non-confidential. All contributions to this site are licensed by you under the LGPL license to the Operator of the website. The Operator may use them to promote CFDEM®project and related activities (e.g. via the "Featured Work" section). If you work for a company or at a University, it's likely that you're not the copyright holder of anything you make. Before making contributions to this site, please get permission from your company or University to use the Website on their behalf.
Usage of LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM® trademarks
DCS Computing GmbH (“DCS”) develops and globally markets the LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling simulation software and related products and services. These are protected by a number of trade marks, including (without limitation) LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM® (the “Trade Marks”). DCS consents to limited use of the Trade Marks by third parties (“Third Parties”) in accordance with the following terms:
- Third parties may use the Trade Marks only to reference DCS’ software, products and services. Referential use is prohibited if such use would degrade DCS, its products or services. Third Parties must not imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of themselves or their products or services by DCS.
- Third Parties must not incorporate the Trade Marks into the names of their goods, products, services, into any corporate, business or trading name, domain name or sub domain unless they have a specific written agreement or licence from DCS permitting them to do so.
- The Trade Marks may be used by Third Parties to promote products or services not provided by DCS, if the following statement is used: “LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM® are registered trademarks, and this offering is not approved or endorsed by DCS Computing GmbH, the official producer of the LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling software.” (the “Disclaimer”). The Disclaimer must appear prominently and visible on each page that provides details of the products and/or services in question in a font size no smaller than half the size of the headline font and no smaller than the body text.
- The trademarks may be used in scientific publications (papers, posters, conference talks)
- Third Parties should use the registration mark ® in each initial reference to the Trade Marks. Wherever the Trade Marks are used a reference must be included, usually in the footnotes or legal information that, for example “LIGGGHTS® is a registered trade mark, and DCS Computing GmbH is the official producer of the LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling software” or “LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM® are registered trade marks, and DCS Computing GmbH is the official producer of the LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling software”
- Use by Third Parties must not create confusion or doubt about the ownership of the Trade Marks.
- Any and all uses of the Trade Marks by Third Parties otherwise than in accordance with this policy is expressly prohibited. DCS reserves the right to object to any use of the Trade Marks.
- This policy is not intended to be a definitive or comprehensive list of the proper usage of the Trade Marks, but only an abbreviated guide
Usage of OpenFOAM® trademark
The CFD part of our simulations uses OpenFOAM® technology. This offering is not approved or endorsed by OpenCFD Limited, the producer of the OpenFOAM software and owner of the OpenFOAM® and OpenCFD® trademarks. OpenFOAM is a registered trademark of OpenCFD Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ESI Group.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.