two problems during using Liggghts Version 2.1.1

Submitted by adabubu on Mon, 10/01/2012 - 11:55

Hello, recently i used Liggghts Version 2.1.1 to do some simulations, howver I found two problems.
First, I found the simulation using Version 2.1.1 was very, very slow, I guess it was probaly about 6 times slower than the simualtion suing Version 1.5.1.
I don't know if anyone has similar problem.

Second, i met "insert region" problem when there were four materials in the simulation, it seems Liggghts didn't recoginze my definition of insert region
however, there was no such problem for the simulation with three materials. I attached my input file, maybe someone can help me with it.

Thanks,
Xuetao

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon input-test-V2.txt3.49 KB
Plain text icon shearbox-Gr-stl.txt136.5 KB
Plain text icon bodenplatte-stl.txt111.46 KB
Image icon insert-pack.jpg325.61 KB
ckloss's picture

ckloss | Mon, 10/01/2012 - 12:08

Hi xuetao,

the simulation you posted is too large to handle it on a "quick look" basis and the information on how you ran the case were too rare to give any suggestion.

I suggest you narrow down the issue on your own side (by deactivating features of your simulation) first or post detailed log files / timing statistics. If properly configured, I see no reason why LIGGGHTS 2.1.1 should be slower than 1.5.X

>>Second, i met "insert region" problem when there were four materials in the simulation,
>>it seems Liggghts didn't recoginze my definition of insert region
I did'nt get that - can you specify more clearly what your problem is?

Cheers, Christoph

adabubu | Mon, 10/01/2012 - 13:07

Hi, Christoph, well, my simulation is based on a laboratory test. I simply just try to simulate this test to see if I can get similar results. I will try to deactivate some features.

As for the second problem, I mean that I used "insert/pack" to generate paarticles into a pre-defined region (this region was included in a box as mesh/surface), but the result showed that the praitlces were generated below this region and the box. I attached a picture and it will help you to understand my problem.

Thanks,
Xuetao

ckloss's picture

ckloss | Mon, 10/01/2012 - 13:42

>>As for the second problem, I mean that I used "insert/pack" to generate paarticles into a pre-defined region
>>(this region was included in a box as mesh/surface), but the result showed that the praitlces were generated
>>below this region and the box. I attached a picture and it will help you to understand my problem.

I see. Anyway, if I run this on my box everything is inserted correctly. Maybe this is a post-processing issue?

Christoph