pair_style error in Version 2.0.1

Submitted by adabubu on Wed, 07/04/2012 - 11:23

Hello, Christoph, right now I am testing the latest version 2.0.1 of LIGGGHTS. I got very strange error message about "pari_style". I used "pair_style gran/hertz/history", however I got the following error message " ERROR: Illegal pair_style gran command, illegal keyword (pair_gran_hooke_history.cpp:459) " . I notice that there is new definition of "pari_style gran/hertz/history" in new version of LAMMPS (in the old version, only fricitonflag and cohesionflag need to be defined), so I tired new definition as "pair_style gran/hertz/history 1.46e9 1.81e9 50 Null 0.5 0", but I still got same error message. Could you help me with it?

Thanks

Xuetao

ckloss's picture

ckloss | Wed, 07/04/2012 - 11:57

Please have a look at the tutorial cases and doc/liggghts_2.X_tutorial.html for info on the changed syntax

Christoph

msandli | Fri, 07/06/2012 - 02:29

I'm having the same problems. I'm brand new at liggghts and lammps, so I was just trying to run a simple lammps code (the "granular" benchmark), and got the same error message. I didn't install/build the liggghts package I'm working with, and I'm so new at Linux that I'm not sure where to find these tutorials, if they were even installed. Can someone just send me a text file or something?

ckloss's picture

ckloss | Fri, 07/06/2012 - 08:58

you simply have to download the LIGGGHTS code from this website and have a look at its tutorials under examples/LIGGGHTS

Christoph