Older version of LIGGGHTS (2.0.6)

Submitted by tapsab on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 07:43

Hi,
Is there a repository from where I can download the previous version of LIGGGHTS (2.0.6) ? I installed version 2.0.7 and I am getting some peculiar results that I was not getting earlier. However before I blame it on the new version I wanted to rerun my code with the older version (2.0.6) to make sure.

Thanks,
Tapan

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon Edge_Bug.txt1.65 KB
Plain text icon geom.txt69.69 KB
ckloss's picture

ckloss | Fri, 08/24/2012 - 08:25

Hi Tapan,

when you type "git log" in the directory where the git repo runs, you will see a hash tag for each version. By typing "git checkout (hashtag)" you can go back to any previous version of 2.X

Cheers, Christoph

tapsab | Fri, 08/24/2012 - 10:19

****I edited an earlier version of this post********
I was able to download and compile the older version, so that parts done. However I am still getting the same peculiar result with the 2.0.6 version which I discuss in my note below.....

In the current version of liggghts (2.0.7) there seems to be a bug when a particle touches a sharp edge of a mesh. It seems the mesh does not recognize the particle as a neighbor if it falls on its edge and after the particle penetrates into the mesh it just shoots out rapidly at a certain point. To illustrate the bug I made up a simple example of one particle falling on the edge of a cylinder. The relevant input (Edge_bug.txt) and mesh file (geom.txt) are attached with my original post. Maybe you can look at it when you get the time.

Thanks,
Tapan