Compilation Error (CFDEM 2.5.0)

Submitted by Somnath on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 06:04

Hi,

I am trying to update from CFDEM 2.4.4 to CFDEM 2.5.0, but I get error while compiling cfdemSolverIB as shown below. I think some library is missing in ../cfdemSolverIB/Make/options. Any ideas? Version 2.4.4 had compiled fine. I have attached the log file.

================
-L/Users/som/OpenFOAM/som-2.1.x/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/lib -lincompressibleRASModels -lincompressibleLESModels -lincompressibleTurbulenceModel -lincompressibleTransportModels -lfiniteVolume -ldynamicFvMesh -ldynamicMesh -llagrangianCFDEM-PUBLIC-2.1.x -lOpenFOAM -ldl -lpthread -lm -o /Users/som/OpenFOAM/som-2.1.x/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/bin/cfdemSolverIB
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"Foam::cfdemCloudIB::calcVelocityCorrection(Foam::GeometricField&, Foam::GeometricField, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh>&, Foam::GeometricField&, Foam::GeometricField&)", referenced from:
_main in cfdemSolverIB.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/Users/som/OpenFOAM/som-2.1.x/platforms/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/bin/cfdemSolverIB] Error 1
=================

I was getting a similar error for cfdemPostproc but was able to solve it by adding -lincompressibleTurbulenceModel to the appropriate Make/options file.

There is another error earlier with the clockModel but I couldn't find what it is related to.

make: *** [Make/darwinIntel64Gcc46DPOpt/clockModel.o] Error 1

Thanks
Som

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon logCFDEMcompile.txt435.87 KB
cgoniva's picture

cgoniva | Thu, 02/21/2013 - 09:21

Hi,

could you sort out the problem in the meanwhile?

Cheers,
Chris

cgoniva's picture

cgoniva | Thu, 02/28/2013 - 08:13

Hi,

please try to uncomment line 409-415 in clockModel.C and recompile and show us the log.

cheers,
chris