cfdem compilation error on OpenSUSE 12.1

Submitted by phsieh2005 on Sun, 03/04/2012 - 16:42

Dear cfdem experts,

I am trying to compile the latest cfdem on OpenSUSE 12.1 (64 bit) and ran into an error:
----------------------------------------
In file included from subModels/dataExchangeModel/twoWayMPI/twoWayMPI.C:30:0:
subModels/dataExchangeModel/twoWayMPI/twoWayMPI.H:47:62: fatal error: lammps.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Make/linux64Gcc46DPOpt/twoWayMPI.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
subModels/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel.H: In constructor ‘Foam::dataExchangeModel::dataExchangeModel(const Foam::dictionary&, Foam::cfdemCloud&)’:
subModels/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel.H:62:13: warning: ‘Foam::dataExchangeModel::couplingInterval_’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
subModels/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel.H:58:21: warning: ‘int Foam::dataExchangeModel::couplingStep_’ [-Wreorder]
subModels/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel/dataExchangeModel.C:95:1: warning: when initialized here [-Wreorder]
phsieh@huwei:~/OpenFOAM/phsieh-2.0.x/src/lagrangian/cfdemParticle>
------------------------------------------------
For the reasons I do not understand, I can only use Makefile.openmpi. Whenever I used the -fPIC in the compilation, the compilation of liggghts crashed my computer. With openmpi, I was able to compile liggghts without any issue. Will this causes the cfdem issue? Where can I get the lammps.h and where to put it? Thanks!

Pei-Ying

cgoniva's picture

cgoniva | Wed, 03/07/2012 - 08:00

hi Pei-Ying!

keep lammps.h where it is and should be (in the LIGGGHTS directory), Just ste the path to LIGGGHTS correctly in .../cfdemParticle/etc/bashrc

Cheers,
Chris

phsieh2005 | Wed, 03/07/2012 - 20:52

Hi, Chris,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I did find out I did not have bashrc set correctly. But, now I am facing a new (famous) "library_cfd_coupling.h: No such file or directory". I did a search on my system and this file is nowhere to be found. I got both liggghts and cfdem from the git repositories. I am wondering where I can find this file.

Pei-Ying