who can give me a step by step successfull installation of LIGGGHT and CFDEM coupling on ubuntu 12.04 ? help ,help ,help

Submitted by jiatangwang on Sat, 12/28/2013 - 15:47

Hi,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

This is my first time to use ubuntu system and openfoam, i have installed OpenFOAM-2.2.x and it can work smoothly. But my purpose is to use the CFDEM coupling, and I tried some times but failed to use the CFDEM coupling sinulation.

Concering the postprocess of the simulation, i want to install these softwares one time, but have no complete step by step processures. Is there anyone could help me and give me a complete installation on mp ubuntu ?

Thanks very much.

richti83's picture

richti83 | Sat, 12/28/2013 - 21:17

OpenFOAM-2.2.x is the git version ? This is not compatible with CFDEM coupling.
You need to revert back to 2.2.1 using these instructions:
http://cfdem.dcs-computing.com/?q=comment/4615#comment-4615
after this steps you can follow the official pdf install instruction (edit bashrc, launch cfdemCompLig, cfdemCompCFDEM)
best,
Christian.

I'm not an associate of DCS GmbH and not a core developer of LIGGGHTS®
but I have 7 years user experience using LIGGGHTS®, ParaView and LINUX

richti83's picture

richti83 | Sun, 12/29/2013 - 21:01

LIGGGHTS 2.3.8 and CFDEM 2.5.5 (both are the latest git-stable releases)

I'm not an associate of DCS GmbH and not a core developer of LIGGGHTS®
but I have 7 years user experience using LIGGGHTS®, ParaView and LINUX

jiatangwang | Mon, 01/13/2014 - 17:16

hi, richti

Thanks for your great help. The good news is that I have installed the openfoam, LIGGGHTS and CFDEM coupling successfully followed your tips. Thanks.

I am a beginner in openfoam and OpenFOAM, LIGGGHTS can work in my ubuntu 12.04. When i run the command
>> cfdemTestTUT
The running results is a graph, and without any errors. I am not sure if I installed the CFDEM coupling correctly ?

But CFDEM can not work in coupling in the test case called cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI, I used the command:
>> ./Allrun.sh
But the Allrun.sh script does not work for me.

After that i run the test case cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI/DEM and cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI/CFD seperately and running in several processors. Then works, the commands I used as follows 3 examples:
>> cd CFD
>> blockMesh
>> decomposePar
>> mpirun -np 4 cfdemSolverPiso -parallel
>> reconstructPar
>> paraFoam

>> cd ../DEM
>> liggghts < in.liggghts_init // dump.* files were created in post file
>> cd post
>> lpp dump*.liggghts_init // form to VTK files
>> paraview

also run DEM in parallel, works well too,
>> mpirun -np 4 liggghts -in in.liggghts_init
>> cd post
>> lpp dump*.liggghts_init // form to VTK files
>> paraview

My question is that why i cant run the CFDEM case in coupling ? if the command i used >>./Allrun.sh
is wrong ?
If there is someone can tell me what is the commands running CFDEM coupling ? and also some setting ?
How can I run the CFDEM coupling in parallel (i mean with several professors)?

Thank you very much.

jiatangwang | Mon, 01/13/2014 - 18:17

followed above questions,
when I run test case called cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI, I used the command:
>> ./Allrun.sh
the results are as follows:

parse error near line 10 of file totalPressureDrop.m

syntax error

>>> path = '../postProcessing/probes/0/T'; //'../probes/0/p'
^

error: parse error while reading script file totalPressureDrop.m
error: source: error sourcing file `totalPressureDrop.m'

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error when getting information for file '/home/jt/CFDEM/jt-PUBLIC-2.2.1/run/tutorials/cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI/CFD/octave/cfdemSolverPiso_ErgunTestMPI.eps': No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

what is wrong with my CFDEM coupling ?? help

jiatangwang | Wed, 01/15/2014 - 10:19

I am a beginner in openfoam and OpenFOAM, LIGGGHTS can work in my ubuntu 12.04. When i run the command
>> cfdemTestTUT
The running results is a graph, and without any errors. I am not sure if I installed the CFDEM coupling correctly ?

But CFDEM can not work in coupling in the test case called cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI, I used the command:
>> ./Allrun.sh
But the Allrun.sh script does not work for me.
when I run test case called cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI, I used the command:
>> ./Allrun.sh
the results are as follows:

parse error near line 10 of file totalPressureDrop.m

syntax error

>>> path = '../postProcessing/probes/0/T'; //'../probes/0/p'
^

error: parse error while reading script file totalPressureDrop.m
error: source: error sourcing file `totalPressureDrop.m'

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error when getting information for file '/home/jt/CFDEM/jt-PUBLIC-2.2.1/run/tutorials/cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI/CFD/octave/cfdemSolverPiso_ErgunTestMPI.eps': No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

** (evince:18644): WARNING **: Error setting file metadata: No such file or directory

what is wrong with my CFDEM coupling ?? help

After that i run the test case cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI/DEM and cfdemSolverPiso/ErgunTestMPI/CFD seperately and running in several processors. Then works, the commands I used as follows 3 examples:
>> cd CFD
>> blockMesh
>> decomposePar
>> mpirun -np 4 cfdemSolverPiso -parallel
>> reconstructPar
>> paraFoam

>> cd ../DEM
>> liggghts < in.liggghts_init // dump.* files were created in post file
>> cd post
>> lpp dump*.liggghts_init // form to VTK files
>> paraview

also run DEM in parallel, works well too,
>> mpirun -np 4 liggghts -in in.liggghts_init
>> cd post
>> lpp dump*.liggghts_init // form to VTK files
>> paraview

My question is that why i cant run the CFDEM case in coupling ? if the command i used >>./Allrun.sh
is wrong ?
If there is someone can tell me what is the commands running CFDEM coupling ? and also some setting ?
How can I run the CFDEM coupling in parallel (i mean with several professors)?

Thank you very much.